why do i keep seeing mitt romney for president commercials? isn't it a little soon for that to start? if all the potentials from both sides start their television blitz - 10 republicans, 8 democrats - there won't be any time left for regular TV!
here comes the book portion:
1. A Handbook to Luck by Cristina García
2. The End of the World as we Know it: Scenes From a Life by Robert Goolrick
3. Love in a Torn Land: Joanna of Kurdistan: The True Story of a Freedom Fighter's Escape from Iraqi Vengeance by Jean Sasson
4. War in a Time of Peace: Bush, Clinton, and the Generals by David Halberstam
5. The Occupation: War and Resistance in Iraq by Patrick Cockburn
6. Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard by Kiran Desai
7. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle : A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver
8. Just Another Soldier : A Year on the Ground in Iraq by Jason Christopher Hartley
aaaand the news...
twenty-five years ago, F1 lost one of its greatest ever - Gilles Villeneuve.
uh-oh! between 100,000 and 300,000 barrels a day of Iraq's declared oil production over the past four years is unaccounted for.
see? even the iraqi lawmakers want us to set timetables.
some weeds make a viable alternative to oil.
a Dolores Huerta interview. she and César Chávez formed the UFW back in 1965.
france's new president takes a chapter from our president by going on vacation as violence breaks out over his being elected.
just nip the tip as an HIV prevention method. ouchie.
and finally to all those out there that celebrate Mother's Day (i am not one of them; as i have previously stated i believe EVERY day should be mother's day)
salary.com estimates the (monetary) worth of a full-time mom at $138,095. good luck getting it retroactively!
i'm starting to pack up some of the things i won't use for the next several months as a start to the packing up of my life and sending it south. i think i may have a lead on a house that is affordable and will let me keep the pupster. it has a screened in porch and a garage - rare in FLA so my dad says. i'll be able to see it next saturday when i'm down there. goody. sorry, a little sarcasm slipped in.
ok, i'm done.