since i have the week off, i've got some free time to catch up on the blogging.
first, i'll post my book list. get that out of the way.
1) Frontera Street by Tanya Maria Barrientos
2) Snowball Earth: The Story of the Great Global Catastrophe That Spawned Life as We Know It (whew!) by Gabrielle Walker
3) Paradiso by Jose Lezama Lima
4) Prison Writings: My Life Is My Sun Dance by Leonard Peltier
5) Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
6) Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog
7) Comrade Rockstar: The Life and Mystery of Dean Reed, the All-American Boy Who Brought Rock 'N' Roll to the Soviet Union by Reggie Nadelson
8) In the Spirit of Crazy Horse by Peter Matthiessen
9) Lisey's Story by Stephen King
10) Brother Odd by Dean Koontz
11) Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
so christmas was nice - except i got talked into playing (sort of) trivial pursuit - the 90's edition. why people play this game is a mystery to me. either the questions are ridiculously easy or impossible. the food was all good, (i made all of it!) roast pork with an apricot/soy sause glaze, broccoli souffle, roasted potates with honey, gnocchi, and pannetone bread pudding (with rum) for dessert. i only burned myself once. a triumph. good people, a lot of laughter, and a crazy dog. perfect.
melissa enrolled the both of us in a yoga class - she even got me a super terrific new mat to go with it. that's tonight. i hope all goes well there - i'm kind of nervous. not one to exercise amongst the masses, i guess. we gave steven a new chair for his room and haven't seen him since...! even the puppy made out - with bones and toys and a brand new bed. i got the nicest ornaments from christina!
i'm going to florida at the end of the month to see my father.
steven told me that he wants to move to Philly with ray in june, so i'm thinking maybe it's the perfect time for me to go to florida and be with my dad so he won't be alone. there's a lot to do before that.
have a happy and safe new year, people.