Sunday, January 23, 2005

this time

(not so)
cautiously looking toward tomorrow
realizing finally that
i am not an island
nor do i wish to be
(any longer)

selfish though – want it on my terms
(this time)
not fully cured...yet
still hope for me

even if my heart cracks
and i have to buy stock in kleenex
i won’t have a sour grapefruit face
and i won’t let my heart shrivel
into something pea sized and unrecognizable
because i can’t have it
(this time)

not only am i reaching out for
what i want
i’m not going to be shy
about putting it out there either
where has keeping it to myself
gotten me in the past
i ask you?

so lookout
you may get more
than you’ve bargained for

then again, maybe not

3 comments:

sonja said...

my freak flag, huh?
that's a new one
and immah steal it...!


-s

Q.Rock639 said...

whats up! nice post ms s!
btw, freak flag=jimi hendrix flashback!

sonja said...

hmm, why i did not know that
is beyond me since i LOVE jimi
thanks for helping a girl out...