for real or is it satire? music that'll make ya gay. yes, gay. be careful.
our fearless leader on a tractor, running down the press. literally.
more on (hey, moron, get it!!?) our fearless leader.
this is the saddest story about a soldier's cry that went unheard.
here are some books i've read:
1) Chasing the Dime by Michael Connelly
2) Crumbtown by Joe Connelly
3) Three Men in a Room: The Inside Story of Power and Betrayal in an American Statehouse by Seymour P. Lachman and Robert Polner
4) Means Of Escape: A War Correspondent's Memoir of Life and Death in Afghanistan, the Middle East, and Vietnam by Philip Caputo
5)Dragon Sea: A True Tale of Treasure, Archeology, and Greed off the Coast of Vietnam by Frank Pope
6) The House of Forgetting by Benjamin Alire Saenz
7) We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda by Philip Gourevitch
8) General James Longstreet: The Confederacy's Most Controversial Soldier by Jeffry D. Wert
the visit to florida to see my dad went ok. he's pretty frail and ill. the chemo is taking its toll on him. if he weighs 120 pounds, i'd be surprised. he's always cold, so he keeps the heat on - it was at least a thousand degrees in the living room. i drove him around - his camaro is still the coolest car...
he is a sports freak, so he got me watching basketball AND football. i enjoyed the college ball a lot - i'd forgotten how pretty the game can be to watch. i also got to see king james lose to the suns. i like shawn marion and steve nash. my dad's the only one who ever got me to watch anything other than auto racing. and yes, dammit, i still believe it's a sport. anyhow, it sure looks as if i'll be moving down there around june so i can take care of him.
florida, jesus. at least it's not full of old folks where he is. and the driver (doug) who picked me up from the airport told me to move down so he could take me hiking. and he wasn't old OR hard to look at.
yesterday was melissa's 29th birthday. i cooked dinner for her - all her favorites - kielbasa marinated in beer, honey-dripped potatoes, broccoli, gnocchi, and a chocolate mousse tort for dessert. it was a pleasant evening. tomorrow is mike's 30th birthday and he's freaking out about it. poor guy. AND he's moving all this weekend. i hate moving. man, i have a lot to do before june.
well, that's about it for now